You can send an email to individual contacts from within the HubSpot CRM either from the contact's record or from the associated company, deal, or ticket record.
Please note: a connected inbox is required to send emails through the CRM. You can learn more about how to connect your inbox here.
Send email from the contact, company, deal, or ticket record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Tickets.
- Click on a specific record from your dashboard to view more details.
- In the interactions box above the timeline, click the Email tab.
- Enter a Subject for your email, then type your message or click Templates to send the contact one of your email templates. Learn more about creating sales email templates here.
- Click on the contact's email address in the To field to select which email address you'd like to send your message to.
- Click Send when the email is ready.
The email will be sent to the contact from your HubSpot user's email address. It will also appear on the contact's timeline in the HubSpot CRM.
To pull up only the sales emails on the timeline, click the Activity tab on the contact record and then click the Filter activity dropdown menu. Select the checkbox beside Sales emails (under the Communication column).
Reply to emails from the CRM
You can reply to an email through the CRM by clicking the Reply button in the lower left-hand corner of the message on the contact, company, or deal timeline. To learn more about how this feature works, check out this article.