Please find below the various actions and/or events that trigger a sync between HubSpot and Salesforce. Properties that are not mapped will not trigger syncs. Learn more about mapping contact properties
Before moving forward, please be aware that a sync between HubSpot and Salesforce is triggered every 15 minutes, but most changes sync in less than 5 minutes. Form submissions and manual syncs (e.g. clicking 'resync with Salesforce' from a list or contact record) are synced as quickly as possible and typically sync in less than a minute.
- Contact submits a form
- Contact is manually synced (individual contact or list)
- Email is sent to contact (Salesforce activity box is checked)
- Email is opened by contact (Salesforce activity box is checked)
- Contact clicks on a link within an Email (Salesforce activity box is checked)
- A contact/lead property value changes in HS or SF (field mappings update rules apply)
- A new contact/lead record is added in SF (and the correct settings are enabled)
- A new contact record is added in HS with a Lifecycle stage anything other than Subscriber
- If you're using an inclusion list, any (new or existing) contact that is added to your inclusion list will trigger a sync.
- Changes to contact/lead ownership
- Changes to mapped account fields (according to update rules)
- Changes to the select deal/opportunity fields that are syncing
- Lifecycle stage transitions (if automatic lifecycle stage transitions are enabled)
- A lead/contact is added to an active Salesforce campaign from HubSpot