There are various actions and/or events that trigger a sync between HubSpot and Salesforce.
In addition to the actions below, HubSpot checks for information that needs to be updated between your HubSpot account and your integrated Salesforce account every 5 to 15 minutes, then a sync is triggered as needed.
Please note: while HubSpot checks for new information every 15 minutes, this does not mean that sync between HubSpot and Salesforce will complete after 15 minutes. During these checks or after one of the actions below, a sync is triggered, but not immediately completed.
The following can trigger a sync:
- A contact's submission to a form.
- Manual sync in the individual contact or in a list.
- Email sent to contact (Salesforce activity box is checked).
- Email opened by contact (Salesforce activity box is checked).
- A contact's click on a link within an email (Salesforce activity box is checked).
- An update to a contact/lead property value in HubSpot or Salesforce (field mappings update rules apply).
- The creation of a new contact/lead record in Salesforce (and the correct settings are enabled).
- The creation of a new contact record in HubSpot with a lifecycle stage anything other than Subscriber. If you're using an inclusion list, any (new or existing) contact that is added to your inclusion list will trigger a sync.
- The addition of a lead/contact to an active Salesforce campaign from HubSpot.
- Changes to contact/lead ownership.
- Changes to mapped account fields (according to update rules).
- Changes to the select deal/opportunity fields that are syncing.
- Lifecycle stage transitions (if automatic lifecycle stage transitions are enabled).
- Certain actions performed in a contact/lead record's HubSpot Visualforce window.