Sequences automate your sales outreach and keep your interactions personalized at all stages of the sales process. You can enroll a single contact or multiple contacts using the sequence queues feature. With sequence queues, you can add your contacts to a queue and enroll them in a sequence. By adding them to a queue, you still have the ability to personalize the email content for each individual.
Sequence queues are available for Sales Professional users only. If you are a Sales Starter user and have access to sequences, you can use task queues to automate your sequence enrollment process.
Enroll multiple contacts from the sequence summary page
To send a sequence to multiple contacts:
- In your HubSpot Sales Hub Professional account, navigate to Automation > Sequences.
- Click the name of sequence to open the sequence summary page.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Enroll > Enroll multiple contacts.
- Select which contacts you would like to enroll by checking the box next to their name.
- Click Next.
- Here you will have the option to customize the sequence emails so the content is relevant and tailored for each contact. Click into the body of the email template to edit the copy.
- On the top menu, click Start and select the first step of the sequence. Click Send follow-ups between to set when each follow-up email should execute, then check Enable threading if you would like the sequence emails to thread in your prospect's inbox.
- When you are ready to enroll your prospect, click Enroll [contact name] in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Continue through the enroll queue. If you add a contact to your queue but are not ready to enroll them in the sequence, click Skip this contact in the upper right-hand corner of the queue. This contact will be skipped and removed from the queue.
- Once you have enrolled your contacts, click Close queue.
Enroll contacts from the contact object
You can also enroll multiple contacts from the contact object:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Select the checkbox next to the contacts you want to enroll.
- Click More > Enroll in sequence.
- In the dialogue box, hover over the sequence you would like to use and click select.
- Move through the queue and enroll each contact, skipping contacts when necessary. When you are done, click Close queue.
Please note: even though you can enroll multiple contacts using sequence queues, the HubSpot sales tools usage limit, which allows 150 daily sequence enrollments per user, still applies. Additionally, this feature will use rate limiting to spread out sequence email sending. For example, if you enroll 100 contacts in 2 minutes, those emails will be sent out over the next hour.