Sequences automate your sales outreach and keep your interactions personalized at all stages of the sales process. You can enroll a single contact or multiple contacts using the sequence queues feature. With sequence queues, you can add your contacts to a queue and enroll them in a sequence. By adding them to a queue, you still have the ability to personalize the email content for each individual.
Sequence queues are available for Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise users only. If you are a Sales Hub Starter user and have access to sequences, you can use task queues to automate your sequence enrollment process.
Enroll multiple contacts from the sequence summary page
To send a sequence to multiple contacts:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Sequences.
- Click the name of sequence to open the sequence summary page.
- Click Enroll, then select Enroll multiple contacts.
- Select which contacts you would like to enroll by selecting the checkbox next to their name.
- Click Next.
- Customize the sequence emails so the content is relevant and tailored for each contact. Click into the body of the email template to edit the copy.
- On the top menu:
- If you have multiple inboxes connected to HubSpot, click the From dropdown menu and select which email address you want to send your sequence emails from.
- Click the Start dropdown menu and select which step should execute first in the sequence.
- Click the Send follow-ups dropdown menu to set when each follow-up email should execute. Or, use the dropdown menus above each step to manually set the date and time when each step should execute. Learn more about customizing your sequence send times.
- When you are ready to enroll your prospect, click Enroll [contact name] in the bottom right corner.
- Continue through the queue. If you add a contact to your queue but are not ready to enroll them in the sequence, click Skip this contact in the top-right corner. This contact will be skipped and removed from the queue.
- Once you have finished enrolling your contacts, click Close queue.
Enroll contacts from the contact object
You can also enroll multiple contacts from the contact object:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Select the checkbox next to the contacts you want to enroll.
- Click the More dropdown menu, then select Enroll in sequence.
- In the dialog box, hover over the sequence you would like to use and click select.
- Move through the queue and enroll each contact, skipping contacts when necessary. When you are done, click Close queue.
Please note: even though you can enroll multiple contacts using sequence queues, the HubSpot sales tools usage limit, which allows 150 daily sequence enrollments per user, still applies. Additionally, this feature will use rate limiting to spread out sequence email sending. For example, if you enroll 100 contacts in 2 minutes, those emails will be sent out over the next hour.