HubSpot Sales comes equipped with a BCC email address that can be used to log emails in your CRM. There is also an option to add a Custom BCC Address, in case you'd like to use an address from another system, like Salesforce for example.
This article will cover how to use your HubSpot BCC email address, how to add a Custom BCC address and how to add multiple BCC addresses.
HubSpot CRM's BCC email address
You can locate your BCC email address within HubSpot Sales by selecting Settings in the top navigation, followed by Configuration.
All of HubSpot's BCC address are formatted as [Your HubID]@bcc.hubspot.com. Use this address by pasting it in the BCC field in any email client. As long as the criteria described below is met, your email will be logged in your CRM.
For logging to occur correctly:
- The minimum required User Role is Sales User.
- The email address that you are sending from must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. This prevents someone outside your company, maliciously spamming the BCC address.
- We won't log emails that you send to co-workers based on email domain.
- We'll create a contact when you email someone who doesn't yet exist in your CRM.
Please note: if you manually use the BCC address in an email client without tracking, this will simply log the email on a contact record in your CRM. This will not allow you to track opens or clicks on your emails.
If you use Gmail or Outloook and have the HubSpot Sales extension installed, you can track emails automatically by clicking the log in CRM checkbox when composing your message. That way you won't need to manually add the BCC address into every email. To enable the Log in CRM option by default, hover over Log in CRM, then click Additional Settings and check the Always log emails to CRM box.
How do I set up Log in CRM for Salesforce?
You can log your HubSpot Sales emails in Salesforce by adding your Email to Salesforce address to the Custom BCC address in your HubSpot Sales settings.
- Once you are logged in to Salesforce select [Your Name] > My Settings.
- On the left sidebar, select Email > My Email to Salesforce.
- Copy the value in the Your email to Salesforce field.
- Within HubSpot Sales, navigate to Settings > Configuration.
- Paste the value from Salesforce into the box labeled Custom BCC Address.
- Restart the HubSpot Sales chrome extension by clicking here.
- Moving forward, this custom address will be added in place of the HubSpot BCC address.
How do I set up Log in CRM for multiple addresses
If you would like to log emails in multiple locations every time you select the Log in CRM checkbox, then you can add multiple email addresses in the Custom BCC Address field. Simply separate each email address with a semicolon. For example:
After adding the email addresses, restart the HubSpot Sales extension by clicking here, so your changes are applied! When using the Log in CRM checkbox in a new email, both BCC addresses will be applied.