After publishing social posts through HubSpot and engaging with your social followers, you can view and analyze reports on how well your social media efforts are performing.
Please note: HubSpot can only track clicks and interactions for social posts published through HubSpot. Social posts published directly on a social network or via another third-party platform will not appear in the Clicks and Interactions reports.
Filter your reports by account, time period, or campaign
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Reports tab. Here, you'll see reports for all of your social media networks.
- In the top left, use the filters to filter your reports by:
- Account: filter by social network and/or specific social accounts
- Time period: filter by this week, this month, the last 30 days, last month, the last 3 months, or a custom time period
- Campaign: filter by the campaign your social posts are associated with
Please note: only the Clicks and Interactions report can be filtered by account or campaign. The Sessions and Contacts reports cannot be filtered by account or campaign because they may include social posts that were not published through HubSpot
- In the top right, you can break down the reports by:
- Totals: view the total counts of your visits, contacts, clicks, and interactions.
- By network: view your reports broken down by social network.
The Sessions report shows all traffic for the selected time period that your website gets from any social network, even if it comes from a social post that you didn't author.
To view your Sessions report broken down by network, click By network in the upper right. Hover over the bars in the graph to see which network they represent.
The Contacts reports shows a count of the contacts that were created in HubSpot during your selected time period and have an original source of Social Media.
To view your Contacts report broken down by network, click By network in the upper right. Hover over the bars in the graph to see which network they represent and the number of contacts created from each network.
The Clicks report shows a count of clicks on tracked links in social posts posted through HubSpot. In the example below, a click would be counted if a user clicked the link in the Facebook post.
To view your Clicks report broken down by network, click By network in the upper right. Hover over the bars in the graph to see which networks are generating the most clicks.
The Interactions report shows a count of the number of times people are engaging with your social posts.
Interactions are any click-like engagements that occur within the social network itself:
- Facebook: a like, comment, or reaction
- Twitter: a retweet, reply, or like (the Twitter API cannot pass any of this information from a private Twitter account)
- LinkedIn: a like or a comment
- Google+: a +1 or a comment
- Instagram: a like or comment
To view your Interactions report broken down by network, click By network in the upper right. Hover over the bars in the graph to see which networks are generating the most interactions.
The Followers report shows a count of your social media followers and follower growth broken down by network. This report is updated once a day, and the date the report was last updated on appears in the top right.
The Published Posts report shows a count of social posts published through HubSpot on each of your social networks. This report is updated once a day, and the date the report was last updated on appears in the top right.
The Top Posts report shows your top social posts published through HubSpot based on clicks and interactions. The report is sorted by clicks by default. Click the Time column header to sort the report by the post publish date, or the Interactions column header to sort the report by interactions.