The Sales Dashboard gives you an overview of your current sales process and productivity. You can set the timeframe or view data for a particular member of your sales team or for a particular deal pipeline using the dropdowns at the top.
The Deal Forecast section shows you the forecasted revenue for the selected pipeline within the selected timeframe. Click on the pipeline to see a list of active deals in the pipeline within the timeframe selected.
The Productivity section shows you calls placed, emails sent, meetings held, and tasks completed by the selected user(s) within the selected timeframe. Hover over a statistic and click Quick view to see a list of the associated activities.
Lastly, the Sales Performance report shows the number of contacts that have been created, assigned, or contacted and the number of deals created and won within the selected timeframe.
The contacts database is at the heart of the CRM. Click Contacts in the main navigation menu to see a list view of all of your contacts. You can switch between filtered views using the view dropdown in the top left and customize which columns appear in the table by clicking the Actions dropdown and selecting Edit columns.
From here you can click the Preview button next to a contact's name to get a quick view of their information or click the contact's name to view their record.
The companies object in HubSpot's CRM allows you to group your contacts together contextually and store information about their associated organization. Click Companies in the main navigation to see a full list of the company records in the CRM. Similarly to Contacts, you'll be presented with a table view of the companies in your database, which can be customized to display different company properties or filtered to restrict which companies appear.
From here you can click the Preview button next to a company's name to get a quick glance at their information or click the name to view the more detailed company record.
By default, HubSpot will automatically associate companies and contacts based on email domain and company domain name. Associated contacts will appear on the associated company's record and vice versa. This setting can be disabled in Settings > Companies. You can also manually associate companies and contacts. When you associate a contact with a company, that contact's Sales engagements (CRM emails, calls, meetings, and logged activities) will carry over to the associated company's timeline.
The Deals object allows you to create custom pipelines and deal stages to track opportunities throughout the sales process. Click Deals in the main navigation bar to see your deal pipelines. You have two view options on the Deals Dashboard:
- Table: this shows a list of your deals. You can customize which deal properties are displayed as columns in the table.
- Board: this shows your deals in columns based on their deal stage and gives you a visual representation of your pipeline. You can drag and drop deals to move them to a new stage. Here you can view the amount of individual deals, as well as the total amount in each stage of the pipeline.
You can manually associate contacts and companies with deals. All emails, calls, notes, tasks, scheduled meetings, and logged activities on the associated contact(s) and company records will appear on the deal timeline. For more information on this, check out this article.
Tasks help you to stay on top of your sales process. The task dashboard shows you a list of upcoming tasks. You can filter your view based on owner, due date, status, or description. To create a new task, click the + Add task button or click the name of an existing task to edit the details or associate it with a contact, company, or deal. You have two view options on the Tasks Dashboard:
- Table: this shows a list of your tasks. You can click the checkmark next to a task to complete it or click the name of the task to edit it.
- Board: this shows your tasks in columns based on their status and gives you a visual representation of your tasks. You can drag and drop tasks to move them to a new status.
The Sales Tools tab of the main navigation includes all of the tools associated with the HubSpot Sales product:
- Notifications: this is were you can view your email tracking activity stream and see which contacts have viewed your emails.
- Templates: here you can create and analyze email templates so you don't need to repeatedly write your frequently sent emails from scratch.
- Documents: this is where you can build a library of sales content to share right from your inbox or when emailing through the CRM. You can also see when your contacts interact with your documents and analyze their effectiveness.
- Sequences (Sales Professional only): here you can set up a series of personalized interactions that will be sent to your contacts over time.
- Prospects (Sales Professional only): this is where you can see information about potential prospects who have viewed your site. Set up daily email digests to stay up-to-date on prospects who know your brand and are visiting your website.
- Meetings (Sales Professional only): the Meetings tool allows you to create personalized meetings links or set up an embedded widget on your pages to give prospects an easy way to book time with you.
- Call Queue: here you'll see a list of contacts you've queued up to call right from your browser or from your phone. Click Start calling to cycle through your contacts. You can enable/disable automatic call start and set a delay between calls.
Please note: some features of HubSpot Sales are available only with HubSpot Sales Professional as noted above, or have service limits. For more information about the service limits for HubSpot Sales Free, check out this page.
In Settings you can customize the CRM for your organization. The following sections will appear in the left sidebar menu:
- Contacts: edit the properties specific to the Contacts object in the CRM and set default properties which appear in the About section of contact records. Choose whether or not you'd like to automatically sync record ownership between Contacts and Companies.
- Companies: edit the properties specific to the Companies object in the CRM and set default properties which appear in the About section of company records. Choose whether or not you'd like the lifecycle stage of a company to automatically sync to all associated contacts. Choose whether or not you'd like HubSpot to automatically associate contacts and companies based on domain.
- Deals: edit the properties specific to the Deals object in the CRM and set default properties which appear in the About section of deal records. Choose whether or not you'd like the creation or closing of a deal to change the lifecycle stage of associated contacts and companies. This is also where you can set up your deal pipelines and stages which you'll learn about later in this guide.
- Team: here you'll get quick access to your list of users so you can add more team members or edit the permissions for existing users.
- Import and Export: get quick access to the import tool by clicking Go to import. You'll also be able to see the details of any exports from your HubSpot account.
- Configuration: here you can find the BCC and Forwarding addresses for logging emails in the CRM. You can also edit your company domain, change your reporting time zone, and view any integrations you've set up with the CRM here.
- Notifications: enable or disable Prospects (Sales Professional) and User notifications, including notifications to let you know when you've been set as the owner of a record, when one of your tasks is due, and when another member of your team @mentions you in a note on a record.
- Gmail and Outlook: connect your Gmail or Outlook 365 inbox to give HubSpot Sales permission to send emails at a scheduled time and the ability to add Unopened Notifications to your activity stream.
- Sales Extension: enable/disable contact profiles on the web and in Gmail. You can restrict activity from certain IP addresses from being tracked and enable/disable tracking for your email accounts.
- Mobile Apps: get a link to download the CRM app for iOS or vote for an Android version of the app in our Ideas Forum.