In the HubSpot CRM, you can create and select custom types for calls and meetings with your contacts. You can also report on your activity types over time if you have the reporting add-on.
Enable and create call and meeting types
- In your HubSpot Sales account, click Settings in the main navigation bar.
- Navigate to Sales > Call & meeting types in the left sidebar menu.
- Click the toggle switch ON next to Enable and customize call and meeting types for your team.
- Click an existing type to edit it, or the trash icon to delete it.
- Click Add another type to add a new call and meeting type.
- When you're done editing your call and meeting types, click Save at the bottom left.
Select a call or meeting type on a contact, company, or deal record
- In a contact, company, or deal record, you can select a call or meeting type in the Call, Log activity or Schedule tab above the timeline.
- In the Call tab, the Select call type dropdown will appear after you have made a call to a contact. Learn more about calling a contact here.
- In the Log activity tab, the Select call type dropdown will appear when you choose to Log a call, and the Select meeting type dropdown will appear when you choose to Log a meeting. Learn more about logging an activity on a contact, company, or deal record here.
- In the Schedule tab, the Select meeting type dropdown will appear at the bottom left of the meeting. Learn more about scheduling a meeting with a contact here.
Report on your call and meeting types (Reporting add-on only)
- In your HubSpot account, click Dashboard in the main navigation menu.
- Click Add Report at the upper right.
- Click Create custom report at the upper right.
- In the Filters left sidebar, click the Choose an object dropdown and select Engagements.
- In the Measures section, click Split metric and select Activity type from the dropdown that appears. Your engagements will be split by the call or meeting type they were assigned.
- Click Add to dashboard at the upper right to add the report to your dashboard.