Create and use custom types for calls and meetings with your contacts. You can also report on your activity types over time if you have the reporting add-on.
Enable and create call and meeting types
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left side navigation, click the Sales dropdown and select Call & meeting types.
- Click to toggle the Enable and customize call and meeting types for your team switch on.
- Click an existing type to edit it, or the trash icon delete to delete it.
- Click Add another type to add a new call and meeting type.
- At the bottom left, click Save.
Select a call or meeting type on a contact, company, or deal record
- In a contact, company, or deal record, at the top of the records select a call or meeting type in the Call, Log activity or Schedule tab.
- In the Call tab, the Select call type dropdown will appear after you have made a call to a contact. Learn more about how to call a contact from HubSpot.
- On the Log activity tab, the Select call type dropdown will appear when you choose to Log a call, and the Select meeting type dropdown will appear when you choose to Log a meeting. Learn more about logging an activity on a contact, company, or deal record.
- In the Schedule tab, the Select meeting type dropdown will appear at the bottom left of the meeting. Learn more about scheduling a meeting with a contact.
Set a meeting type for your meetings links (Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise only)
Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise users can specify a meeting type for meetings links following these steps:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Meetings.
- Hover over your meetings link and click Edit, or create a new meetings link by clicking Create meeting link.
- On the Details screen, click the Meeting Type dropdown menu and select a meeting type.
Report on your call and meeting types (Reporting add-on only)
You can create a custom report on your call and meeting types by selecting the Activities checkbox when prompted to choose a data-set. Once this is done, you can select Call and meeting type as a filter.