This article explains the relationship between the Close date, Became a customer date, and Lifecycle stage contact properties:
- Close date: the date that a contact became a customer. This property is set manually or automatically by HubSpot when the contact's associated deal or opportunity is marked as closed-won.
- Became a customer date: the date that a contact's lifecycle stage changed to Customer. This is automatically set by HubSpot for each contact.
- Lifecycle stage: indicates at what point the contact is at within the marketing/sales process.
Read more about the HubSpot default contact properties here.
- When a contact's Lifecycle Stage is set to customer, the properties Close Date and Became a customer date will be set to the date that the lifecycle stage was updated.
- If you then manually select a different lifecycle stage (e.g., change lifecycle stage back to Lead), the Became a customer date property will be cleared automatically. The Close date property value will remain unless you manually clear the date value.