After sending a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org you may receive a response back that your email was not tracked properly.
This article will take you through some general troubleshooting steps that resolve most problems related to email tracking.
- If you are using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, some Chrome extensions can conflict with HubSpot Sales' email tracking. If you have other Chrome extensions enabled, try disabling them and sending a test email again in order to determine which extension is causing the conflict.
- If you are using the HubSpot Sales Outlook plugin, ensure that either the Chome extension or HubSpot Sales for Windows is installed and enabled.
- Before sending the email, ensure that the track email checkbox has been selected.
- If the track email checkbox was not selected, the tracking pixel which HubSpot Sales uses to track email opens will not be inserted in the email.
- To check if the tracking pixel was inserted in a sent email, access the source content of the email and look for code similar to the following:
=3D"display:none!important" height=3D"1" width=3D"1">
- Gmail: In the sent email, click the down-arrow icon at the upper right, then select Show original.
- Outlook: Depending on your version of Outlook, take the steps here to view the source content of your sent email.
- HubSpot Sales is unable to track email if they are sent in Plain Text mode. If you see that emails are being sent in Plain Text, you'll want to switch to HTML mode.
- Gmail: Compose a new email. Select the down-arrow icon in bottom right corner of the compose window. In the resulting menu, disable Plain text mode.
- Outlook: Compose a new email. On the Message Options tab, in the Format group, click the format that you want to use HTML, or Rich Text.
- Try uninstalling the extension following these instructions for Gmail or Outlook. Then install the extension again following these instructions.
After walking through these steps, send another test tracked email to email@example.com to receive a notification.