Contacts are no longer active in a workflow after the final action has been executed. Once the contact has completed the workflow, any actions that are added will not apply to that contact.
Instead of adding actions to your workflow retroactively, you can create a new workflow and automatically enroll contacts who have completed the original workflow.
To do this:
- Create a new standard workflow by going to Workflows > New Workflow.
- Set the enrollment criteria of your new workflow to Workflow Status > Contact has completed the workflow... > choose the original workflow from the dropdown.
- Check the checkbox for Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria and save your enrollment criteria.
- Add the new actions to this workflow.
- When activating the workflow, if you haven't already, check the box to Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria. This will allow you to execute your additional actions for contacts who have already completed the original workflow, as well as contacts who complete it going forward.
See this article for more information about adding actions to workflows in which contacts are still active.