Contacts are no longer active in a workflow after the final action has been executed. Once a contact has completed a workflow, any actions that are added after the fact will not apply to that contact.
Instead of adding actions to your workflow retroactively, you can create a new workflow and automatically enroll contacts who have completed the original workflow.
- Navigate to the workflows tool:
- In your Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow in the upper right-hand corner and select Start from scratch. Then click Create workflow in the top right corner.
- Click Set enrollment triggers to set the conditions for enrollment in your new workflow. In the sidebar menu that appears, select Workflow Status | Contact has completed the workflow... | choose the original workflow from the dropdown menu.
- Click Done when you're finished setting your enrollment triggers. Then select the checkbox for Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria and click Save to save your enrollment triggers.
- Add your additional actions to this new workflow.
- Activate your workflow by switching the toggle in the upper right-hand corner to ON.
Contacts who have completed your original workflow in the past will now be enrolled in your new workflow. Going forward, when contacts are enrolled in and complete your original workflow, they will be enrolled in the second workflow. See this article for more information about adding actions to workflows in which contacts are still active.