Contacts are no longer active in a workflow after the final action has been executed. Once the contact has completed the workflow, any actions that are added will not apply to that contact.
Instead of adding actions to your workflow retroactively, you can create a new workflow and automatically enroll contacts who have completed the original workflow.
To do this:
- Create a new standard workflow:
- In your Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- Once in your workflows tool, click Create workflow in the upper right-hand corner, and select Standard as the workflow type in the dialog box. Then select Create workflow.
- Click Set enrollment triggers to set the enrollment triggers of your new workflow. In the sidebar menu that appears, select Workflow Status | Contact has completed the workflow... | choose the original workflow from the dropdown menu.
- Click Done when you're finished setting your enrollment triggers. Then select the checkbox for Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria and click Save to save your enrollment triggers.
- Add the new actions to this workflow.
- Activate your workflow by switching the toggle in the upper right-hand corner to ON.
See this article for more information about adding actions to workflows in which contacts are still active.