In Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise accounts, suppression lists can be used to unenroll or exclude contacts in contact-based workflows.
- If you are a Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise user, learn how to unenroll or exclude contacts in contact-based workflows with goals.
- If you are trying to unenroll or exclude companies, deals, quotes, or tickets in a company-based, deal-based, quote-based, or ticket-based workflow respectively, learn how to set unenrollment triggers.
How suppression lists work
Adding a suppression list to a workflow will do one of three things:
- Contact is not currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list: the contact will not be enrolled in the workflow even if they meet the enrollment triggers at a later time, and will appear in the workflow's history as being found in a suppression list and unenrolled.
- Contact is currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list: the contact will be unenrolled when they reach the next step in the workflow.
- Contact is currently enrolled in the workflow and is not a member of the suppression list: the contact will remain in the workflow. However, if they meet the criteria of the suppression list at a later time (while still active in the workflow), they will be unenrolled then.
Please note: a contact that is removed from a suppression list will not automatically be enrolled in the workflow even if they still meet the workflow's enrollment triggers at the time. Contacts are only enrolled in a workflow at the moment they meet the workflow's enrollment triggers or re-enrollment triggers.
Add a suppression list to a workflow
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of the workflow.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Set unenrollment triggers.
- Under Suppression lists for this workflow, click the Choose a list dropdown menu and select a list.
- In the bottom left, click Save.