If your team is only available during set business hours, you can control the behavior of chatflow bots to let visitors be routed from your bot to available team members during business hours and chat only with the bot outside of business hours.
You can also choose to hide the bot so visitors can only start a conversation when your team is online.
- Review your inbox settings and make sure your team availability is set to During business hours.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Chatflows.
- Hover over a bot and click Edit.
- In the left sidebar, click the Options tab.
- Click the Availability dropdown menu and select an option:
- Only show during business hours: if a visitor comes to your site outside of business hours, the chat widget will not appear. Use this option if you don't want visitors to start a conversation when your team is unavailable.
- Show always: the chat widget will always appear on your site, even if it is outside of business hours. Outside of business hours, even if a team member hasn't set themselves to away, the bot will ask a few questions then route the conversation to the Unassigned view in the inbox for the team to triage the next morning.
- Click Save.
Users with an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise seat can also use customize if/then branches to send visitors down a certain bot path based on which team member is available to chat. If you're a free user, you cannot automatically route conversations to your team, but incoming messages will be sent to the Unassigned view for your team to triage.
Read more about best practices for customizing your bot's availability.