Create a custom survey (BETA)
Last updated: June 9, 2021
|Service Hub Professional, Enterprise|
Create feedback surveys with custom questions including star ratings, radio selects and single line text fields.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Feedback Surveys.
- To create a new survey, click Create survey in the upper right. In the next page, select Custom survey, then click Next.
- To clone an existing survey, hover over the survey and click the More dropdown menu, then select Clone.
- To edit an existing survey, hover over the survey and click Edit.Create, clone, or edit a survey:
- Select the delivery method for your customer satisfaction survey by clicking Email or Shareable Link.
- To continue, click Create.
- Click the edit pencil icon at the top to give your survey a unique name.
Email (Email surveys only)
- In the Email settings section, click the Survey language dropdown menu and select the language you want the survey to be in.
- Set the Company name, From name and From address for your survey. You can select the name and address of any user in your account.
- Enter your subject line. To insert a personalization token in the subject, click contacts Personalization token, click the Add contact token dropdown menu and select a token, enter a Default value and click Insert.
- In the Advanced settings section, you can select an office location.
- In the Email body section, enter a Greeting and Introduction for your survey email. Click contacts Personalization token to include a personalization token.
- In the Theme section, to upload an image for the email survey, click to toggle the Featured image switch on and click Replace. In the right panel, select an image or click Add image to upload a new image.
- Select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex color value or clicking the color picker to the right.
- In the right panel, preview how the question will look.
- To continue, click the Survey tab.
In the Build your survey section, you can select the types of questions you will be asking your respondents. Click or drag a question type to the right panel to build your survey.
In the right preview screen, click a question to edit its details.
- In the left panel:
- Toggle the switch on to make the question required.
- Click the text box to edit the text or format of the survey question. You can also enter Help text to assist your visitors in completing the survey.
- If you're creating a Rating question, click the Icon dropdown menu, and select Circle or Star to choose the type of icon used.
- In the Feedback property section:
- Click Create feedback property to create a new property to store your question's response data. In the right panel, you can edit the label or add a description. Once you're done, click Next, then click Create. Any property you create in the Survey editor can be used as a filter in other HubSpot tools, such as reports.
- To use an existing feedback property, click and type in the Search existing feedback properties bar, or if applicable, select a property from the list. Any property you select in the Survey editor can be used as a filter in other HubSpot tools, such as reports.
- In the Feedback property section:
- Once you've selected a corresponding feedback property, depending on the property field type, click to edit the property's options, values, and labels. For Rating properties, select the Reverse scale checkbox to change the order of your rating values.
- To continue editing an Email survey, click the Thank you tab. To continue editing a Shareable link survey, click the Options tab.
Options (Shareable link surveys only)
- In the Settings section, click the Survey language dropdown menu and select the language you want the survey to be in.
- Enter your Company name.
- In the Theme section, select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex color value or clicking the color picker to the right.
- To continue, click the Thank you tab.
- To include a default image at the top of your thank you message, click to toggle the Show image switch on. Click Replace to change the image.
- Enter your Header and Body text.
- To continue with an Email survey, click the Recipients tab. To continue with a Shareable link survey, click the Settings tab.
Recipients (Email surveys only)
- You can select Became a customer date, Start from scratch to create your own criteria, or Static lists to select a static list you have created.
- If you select Became a customer date, you can click Edit criteria to further refine your list of recipients. Click Apply when your criteria is ready.
- If you select Start from scratch, select a property type and click Create criteria. On the Criteria tab, customize your criteria. You can click AND or OR to further customize the filters. You can set filters based on any contact, company, deal, and ticket properties.
- By default, existing contacts who meet the selected criteria will receive the survey. To conduct this survey with only newly created contacts who meet the criteria, click the Options tab, then click to toggle the Do you want to include existing contacts? switch off.
- By default, contacts who have already completed the survey will not receive the survey. To send another survey to contacts who have already completed the survey, click the Options tab, then click to toggle the Do you want to resurvey contacts? switch on.
- In the right panel, the survey recipients will display. You can search through this list using the search bar in the upper right. Once you've set up the filters, click Apply in the bottom left.
- If you select Contacts and lists (static only), click the Send to dropdown menu and select an existing list from your account, or click Create new list to create a new list of contacts.
- To continue, click the Settings tab.
Email delivery settings
- To add a delay between the survey email send and when a contact meets the criteria you've set, select the Add delay option. Click the dropdown menu to select days or hours for the delay and enter a number.
- To select users and/or teams to receive survey response notifications, click the Add users or teams dropdown menu and select a user or team.
- To continue, click the Automation tab.
Shareable link settings
- Click the Add users or teams dropdown menu to select which users receive a notification when a survey response is submitted.
Review and publish
Review your survey settings to ensure that the settings in previous steps have been set up correctly.
- To see how the survey will appear on desktop, mobile, and tablet, click Preview.
- To send yourself a version of the survey, click Send test survey in the top right. If doing an email survey, you can preview the email as a specific contact by clicking the Receive email as specific contact dropdown menu and then selecting a contact.
- To review your settings, click Review and publish in the top right.
- When you're done, click Publish to take your survey live.
Create and conduct customer support surveys
Customer Effort Score (CES) measures the ease of a user's customer support experience. CES is based on a...Knowledge Base
Analyze customer feedback
Once you've set up and conducted your customer loyalty survey, customer support survey or customer...Knowledge Base
Create and conduct customer satisfaction surveys
A Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) score tells you how satisfied a customer is with a product, service, or...Knowledge Base