For a form submission to create a contact record in HubSpot, you must use the HubSpot default email field on your form to capture the submitted email address. To ensure you are using the HubSpot default email field on your form:
- Navigate to your forms:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- In your HubSpot CRM or Marketing Hub Starter account, navigate to Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the form name.
- Hover over the Email field and click the Edit icon edit.
- In the field editor on the left, verify that the property name in Configuration for '__' field is exactly 'email'.
If the form submission is using an email address that is already tied to a contact record, or if the submission is made from a browser whose cookie is tied to an existing contact record, the submission will update that existing contact record; a new one will not be created. Learn more about how HubSpot deduplicates contacts.
- If you notice numerous submissions on the form submissions screen that are all tied to the same contact yet contain different submission data, this is a result of multiple users submitting from the same computer.
- In order to create separate contacts out of these submissions, you must first export your form data then re-import it into HubSpot to create a new record for each email address.
- If you are hosting a trade show, you might want to look into disabling cookie tracking for a temporary period of time.