For a form submission to create a contact record in HubSpot, you must use the HubSpot default email field on your form to capture the submitted email address. To ensure you are using the HubSpot default email field on your form:
- Navigate to Contacts > Forms > click on the name of the form you wish to edit.
- Look to the right of the Email field that exists on your form > click on the pencil icon to edit the field options.
- Verify that the property name that appears next to "Editing Field for Property" is exactly "email".
If the form submission is using an email address that is already tied to a contact record, or if the submission is made from a browser whose cookie is tied to an existing contact record, the submission will update that existing contact record; a new one will not be created. Learn more about how HubSpot deduplicates contacts.
- If you notice numerous submissions on the form submissions screen that are all tied to the same contact yet contain different submission data. This is a result of multiple users submitting from the same computer.
- In order to create separate contacts out of these submissions you must first export your form data then re-import it into HubSpot to create a new record for each email address.
- If you are host a trade show, you might want to look into disabling cookie tracking for a temporary period of time.