For a form submission to create a contact record in HubSpot, you must either use the HubSpot default email field on your form to capture the submitted email address or enable the option to allow submissions without emails to create contacts in you account settings.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the form name.
- Hover over the Email field and click the Edit icon edit.
- In the field editor on the left, verify that the property name in Configuration for '__' field is exactly 'email'.
To allow submissions without emails to create contacts:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Marketing > Forms.
- Click to toggle the Allow submissions without email addresses to create contacts switch on. Then click Save.
If the form submission is using an email address that is already tied to a contact record, or if the submission is made from a browser whose cookie is tied to an existing contact record, the submission will update that existing contact record; a new one will not be created. Learn more about how HubSpot deduplicates contacts.
- If you notice numerous submissions on the form submissions screen that are all tied to the same contact yet contain different submission data, this is a result of multiple users submitting from the same computer.
- In order to create separate contacts out of these submissions, you must first export your form data then re-import it into HubSpot to create a new record for each email address.
- If you are hosting a trade show, you might want to look into disabling cookie tracking for a temporary period of time.