In HubSpot's List tool, you can segment your contacts based on data from the Deals (opportunity) object in the HubSpot CRM if you’ve integrated your CRM with HubSpot in one of the following ways:
By using the HubSpot CRM
By using the Salesforce integration with opportunity sync turned on
Using the Deals API with the Deals UI turned on
If you’ve integrated your CRM with HubSpot in one of the above ways, you can use deal properties to segment your contacts:
- Navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click New List.
- Name your list and choose whether you'd like a Smart or Static list.
- In the "Segment contacts by..." section, select Deal Property and choose the property you wish to segment on from the dropdown.
- Click the smaller of the two and... buttons to segment your contacts by two or more deal properties that are true for the same deal.
- Set the next criterion you want to apply to the same deal.
You can also set other criteria that must be true in addition to the criteria set for one specific deal, by using the larger of the two and... buttons. This list will include contacts who have one deal with both a Deal Name that contains HubSpot and a Deal Stage of Closed Lost whose company property Last Contacted is also before 1/1/2016.
The larger of the two and... buttons can also be used to create a second set of Deal Property criteria. In this example, the list will include contacts who are associated with one deal that has a Deal Name containing HubSpot and a Deal Stage of Closed Lost and another deal that has a Deal Stage of Closed Won and a Close Date after 1/1/16.
Here are a few examples of ways you can use deal property segmentation in your account:
Create a list of everyone who’s most recent Deal Stage was marked as Closed Lost with a Close Date of more than 6 months ago to create a reengagement campaign.
Create a list of contacts who have a most recent Deal Stage of Demo Scheduled or higher and add them to a suppression list for your workflows so they only hear from their Sales rep late in the sales cycle.
- Create a list of all of your high value contacts, those that have any deal with a Stage of Closed Won and a large deal Amount to offer them a special promotion.