Salesforce opportunities sync to HubSpot as deals. HubSpot syncs with the following standard fields on the Salesforce opportunity object:
- Create date
- Close date
You can also create custom field mappings for the opportunity object.
Enable the opportunity sync
An opportunity can sync from Salesforce to HubSpot as a deal without an associated contact. For the sync to associate the deal with a HubSpot contact, the corresponding contact in Salesforce must be associated with the opportunity as an OpportunityContactRole.
A deal created in HubSpot will also sync to Salesforce as an opportunity. If a contact is associated to the syncing HubSpot deal, the corresponding Salesforce contact record will be added to the Salesforce opportunity as an OpportunityContactRole.
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
- In the Salesforce integration, click the More dropdown menu and select View settings.
- In the CRM Objects setting, select the checkbox in the Sync? column for Deals.
Learn how to import your Salesforce opportunities to HubSpot.
When you associate a Salesforce contact with an opportunity, HubSpot's Salesforce connector will update the HubSpot lifecycle stage as well as sync additional properties from the most recently created opportunity.
When you create or update a deal in HubSpot, the opportunity will be created or updated in Salesforce. When you create or update an opportunity in Salesforce, the deal will be created or updated in HubSpot.
Contact properties that sync with opportunities
The integration will update four properties on the HubSpot contact record if there is an associated Salesforce contact with the opportunity. These fields can be used to segment lists and create custom reports:
- Associated deals: number of associated opportunities.
- First deal created date: date the opportunity was created.
- Recent deal close date: the date of the most recently closed won opportunity.
- Recent deal amount: the amount of the closed won opportunity most recently created and associated with this contact.
- Total revenue: the total revenue generated from each of a contact's associated opportunities.
Please note: the Recent deal amount property obtains its value from the most recently created deal associated with the contact, not the most recently closed deal.
Learn how to sync Salesforce accounts to HubSpot as companies.