There are various actions and events that trigger a sync between HubSpot and Salesforce. HubSpot also checks for new information that needs to be updated across your HubSpot and Salesforce accounts every 15 minutes, and a sync is triggered as needed.
Automatic sync triggers
- Form submission by a contact.
- Marketing email is sent to/opened by/clicked on by contact (if task sync is enabled)/
- Sales email is sent to/opened by/clicked on by contact (if task sync is enabled).
- Meeting is scheduled with a contact (if task sync is enabled).
- Call is made to a contact (if task sync is enabled).
- Note is created on a contact record (if task sync is enabled).
- Sales document is viewed by contact (if task sync is enabled).
- Task is created on a contact record (if task sync is enabled).
- Contact/company/deal property value is updated in HubSpot or lead/contact/account/opportunity value is updated in Salesforce (subject to field mapping update rules).
- New Salesforce lead or contact is created (subject to Salesforce integration settings).
- New HubSpot contact is created (subject to Salesforce integration settings). If you're using a Salesforce inclusion list, any HubSpot contact (new or existing) added to your inclusion list will trigger a sync.
- Addition of a lead or contact to an active Salesforce campaign via a HubSpot form submission.
- Changes to lead/contact ownership in HubSpot or Salesforce.
- Lifecycle stage transitions (if automatic lifecycle stage transitions is enabled).
Contact not syncing to Salesforce
As a general rule, contacts will not sync to Salesforce if they:
- don't have an email address
- don't meet the criteria for your Salesforce inclusion list
- don't meet any validation rules that you have set up in Salesforce.
If a HubSpot contact meets the sync criteria, check the Salesforce Sync card in their contact record for errors.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact.
- The Salesforce Sync card will display any error(s) preventing the contact from syncing to Salesforce. Click View error detail for more information on what the error is and how to resolve it. Learn more about common Salesforce integration sync errors.