Administrators in the HubSpot CRM can set up required fields for adding contacts, companies, and deals to HubSpot. To do so:
- Navigate in HubSpot Sales to Settings.
- Use the sidebar on the left to select Contacts and Companies or Deals.
- Click Manage next to Set the properties your team sees when creating contacts/companies/deals.
- If this is your first time configuring which properties are shown when creating contacts, companies, or deals, you have the option to include your current default properties or start from scratch.
- On the next screen, use the checkboxes in the Required? column to specify which properties will require values to be able to add your contact, company, or deal to HubSpot. Some properties will always be required (i.e. email address for contacts, deal name for deals, etc)
- Click Save.
- Going forward, users will not be able to add a contact, company, or deal to HubSpot without filling out these required fields.