One way to segment contacts for workflow enrollment is based on contact property values. You'll first want to create a contact property for segmentation if the appropriate one does not already exist in your account and collect data for the contact property by adding it to one of your forms or setting values with a workflow.
Then create your workflow:
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- Click New workflow.
- Give the workflow a name and choose the type of workflow that you want to use: Standard, Fixed-date, or Contact date property.
- Click Create workflow.
- Click Set enrollment triggers.
- In the list that appears, select Contact property.
- Click the dropdown and select the contact property you'd like to use to segment and enroll your contacts.
- Set the appropriate criteria and/or enter a value by which you'd like to filter your contacts.
- Click Done.
- If you'd like to enroll contacts who already meet the criteria you've set, check the Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria box.
- Click Save.
- Build out the workflow actions and, when ready, activate your workflow by clicking Review in the top right corner. Review your workflow settings, then click Activate.