One way to segment contacts for workflow enrollment is based on contact property values. You'll first want to create a contact property for segmentation if the appropriate one does not already exist in your account and collect data for the contact property by adding it to one of your forms or setting values with a workflow
Then create your workflow:
- Navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click New workflow.
- Give the workflow a name and choose the type of workflow that you want to use: Standard, Fixed Date, or Property Based.
- Click Create workflow.
- Click Set enrollment criteria.
- In the list that appears, select Contact property.
- Click the dropdown and select the contact property you'd like to use to segment and enroll your contacts.
- Set the appropriate criteria and/or enter a value by which you'd like to filter your contacts.
- Click Done.
- If you'd like to enroll contacts who already meet the criteria you've set, check the Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria box.
- Click Save.
- Build out the workflow actions and, when ready, activate your workflow by toggling the OFF button near the top to ON.