You can edit the products associated to your deals in the line items editor. Customize the price and term information for the line items. Users with Account Access permissions can also set a default deal amount to represent the deal value when users add products to deals.
Please note: any user with Sales Access permissions in any account can view and edit line items on a deal record or when creating a quote. However, you must be a user with Sales Access permissions and Manage product library permissions in a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise account to create, edit and view products in the product library. Learn more about using the product library.
Set a default deal amountChoose which calculation should represent the deal value when associating products to deal records.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to CRM > Deals.
- To select the deal amount to display on the deal record when users add products to their deals, click the Set the default deal amount that should represent a deal dropdown menu and select the deal amount. You can choose from the following calculations:
- Total contract value (TCV): the total value of the deal, based on the line items associated to the deal, including any recurring revenue and one-time charges. It does not take into account the value in the Amount property.
- Annual contract value (ACV): the value of the deal over a 12-month period.
- Annual recurring revenue (ARR): the total amount of revenue earned annually for this deal. This is calculated based on the term length and values of the recurring line items associated to the deal. If there is no term length, HubSpot assumes a term of 12 months. It does not take into account the value in the Amount property.
- Monthly recurring revenue (MRR): the recurring revenue each month for this deal. This is calculated the values and term length of the recurring line items associated to the deal (i.e., total value divided by the number of months in the term length). It does not take into account the value in the Amount property.
- Manual entry: if you add or remove line items, the value of the deal's Amount property will not change. You must manually update the deal amount.
Your changes will be saved automatically and the deal value will display in the selected amount.
Edit the line items on a deal record
After associating products to a deal record, you can edit the products' price and term details in the line items editor.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Click the name of a deal.
- In the right panel, on the Products card, click Edit products.
- At the top of the line items editor, view different deal calculations for the deal amount. The Margin and Deal amount will display based on the default deal amount selected in your account settings.
- By default, the following price and term properties will appear, which you can edit directly from the line item editor:
- Start date: click the dropdown menu and select to start the term at the time of payment or on a custom date.
- Term (Months): enter a term length in months.
- Billing frequency: choose how often you bill for your product.
- Quantity: enter a value for the number products included.
- Unit price: enter the cost per item.
- Unit cost: enter the total cost associated with producing the product or service.
- Unit discount: enter a discount value. You can enter a discount value as either a fixed amount or a percentage.
Please note: you cannot enter a negative value for a line item's price.
- To edit the columns that display in the line item editor, in the upper right, click Edit columns.
- In the dialog box, search or browse through properties on the left. You can display product, price, and term information in the line item editor.
- Select the checkbox next to a property to add it to your selected columns.
- To remove columns, click the X to the right of the property in the Selected columns section.
- To reorder columns, drag and drop properties in the Selected columns section.
- Click Save.
Depending on your HubSpot subscription, you can add existing products to the deal, or create new products from the line items editor:
If you're a user with an assigned Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise seat, to add existing products from the product library, click Add from library in the upper right.
To create a new product specific to this deal, click Add product in the upper right. Products created from the line item editor will not be added to your product library.
When you're done making changes to your line items, review your totals and fees at the bottom, then click Save.
The deal amount on the deal record will update to reflect the changes made to the price and term in the line item editor. The amount will appear in the default deal amount selected in your settings.