Set your preferences
In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Settings. Click Sales > Meetings in the left sidebar menu. On the Preferences tab, you can:
- Customize your meetings URL in the Meetings URL field (Sales Professional only). Please note that future changes to your meetings URL will apply to all new links going forward but will not change existing meetings links.
- Select your Default meeting link (Sales Professional only) from the Default meeting link dropdown menu.
- Select your your timezone using the Current time zone dropdown menu.
Set your availability
In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, navigate to Settings. Click Sales > Meetings in the left sidebar menu, then click the Default Availability tab to view your availability calendar. Click and drag to set the hours on a given day that you are available to meet with prospects. You can also click the duplicate pages icon to copy that day's schedule onto other days of the week.
Your availability will remain the same each week until you change it. The meetings tool will check your default availability against your integrated Google or Outlook 365 Calendar. Any times that are booked with an event set to show as Busy on your integrated calendar within the blocks of time you've set for your default availability will not be open to your prospects for booking.
Configure your meetings links
Sales Free users will have one meetings link, and therefore one booking page.
For Sales Professional users, the meetings tool is populated with the following links by default:
There are preset options for 15, 30, and 60-minute meetings. These links also require the user to input their name and email address when booking a meeting with you.
You can edit these preset meetings links by hovering over one and selecting the Edit button, or click the Create meeting link button to create a new custom meetings link.
First, you will have the ability to customize the following options:
- Meeting photo and heading: To edit the photo of you that's displayed, hover over the avatar under Details and click Change photo. To change the heading, click into the heading right beside your avatar, and type in a new heading.
- Meeting Name: the internal name that appears in your meetings dropdown select (e.g., 15-minute meeting).
- Meeting Link (can be edited by Sales Professional users only): the URL used to book a specific meeting type.
- Location: information about how you will connect. This can be a call-in link, a physical location, etc. This location will appear in the calendar invite your contact receives.
- Invite description: a description of the meeting that will be displayed when you are booked. Note: If you are using a service like Webex or Zoom to host your meetings, this is a great place to include your personal video conference link. This description will appear in the calendar invite your contact receives.
- Duration: the length of time visitors can book you for when clicking this meetings link.
Once you've set these options, click Next.
You'll now have the option to use your default availability for this meetings link or to set custom times that will be used for this link. Check the box beside Use default availability, or you can set custom availability for this link by clicking the box beside Use custom availability, and then click and drag to select your times.
When you've decided on your availability, click Next.
Lastly, you'll have the option to customize your form questions (Sales Professional only) and some advanced settings. By default, Name and Email are required fields, but on this screen, you can choose to add any contact property from your CRM or add a custom question.
Click the + Contact property or + Custom question button, then choose your property from the dropdown menu or enter your question into the field, then click Save. If you'd like to make the field optional, uncheck the Required box to the right of the field.
After adding form questions, you can customize your meeting's advanced settings. This includes:
- Minimum notice time: the minimum amount of time before a meeting that the visitor can book
- Buffer time: padding of time around each of your meetings
- Weeks into the future a meeting can be scheduled: number of weeks from now that people can book time on your calendar
Once you are satisfied with the meetings link configuration, click Save changes.
When you'd like to book a meeting with one of your contacts, copy the appropriate meetings link by hovering over it and clicking the Copy link button, and then send the link to allow them to select a time based on the availability and preferences you've set.