A default value for your form field is useful when a form field is not required (so the user does not need to complete the field to submit the form) or the field is hidden, meaning that you set a property value via the form submission but the submitter cannot see that field on the form.
Follow the steps below to set a default value for a form field:
Please note: setting a default value for a form field is not supported in lead flows.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- Click the name of the form that you want to edit or create a new form.
- Hover over the field that you want to set a default value for and click Edit to edit the field options.
- If the property is a single-line text, date picker, or number field, you will see a Default value section where you can enter your value.
- If the property is a dropdown or radio select field, you will see a list under Field options; select the radio button to the left of the desired default value (in the Pre-select column).
- If the property is a multi-select checkbox or single off/on checkbox field, there will be a checkbox or group of checkboxes, which you can select as the default value(s).
- Click Save when your changes are complete.
If a contact does not fill out the field in question when submitting your form, the default value will be set on the contact's behalf.