Sales managers may want to review the terms of a quote or approve the discount rate before it's sent to a prospect. Automate your quote approval process to quickly send requested changes to your sales reps, or get approval before sending a quote to a contact.
Require quote approvals
Enable the quotes approval setting to require a user's approval before sharing the quote with your prospects.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
When you enable this setting, three active workflows will be automatically added to your account. The workflows are named: When quotes require approval, When changes are requested on a quote, and When quotes are approved. All tasks and property value updates related to a quote's approval will happen automatically via these workflows. You can further customize each of these quotes-based workflows and add actions so a deal stage is automatically updated when a quote is signed, or send an internal notification to your team when they need to follow up with their contacts.
Request changes or approve a quote
You can request changes or approve quotes directly from the quote, which you can access on the deal record.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- In the Quotes section on the right side of a deal record, click Copy approval link.
- In a separate browser tab, paste the approval link URL into the search bar.
- At the top right of the quote, click Request changes.
- In the dialog box, enter comments in the text field then click Request changes.
- A task will be created for the quote creator to review and action.
- When the edits are made and the quote is ready to be published, navigate back to the quote approval link. In the top right, click Approve and publish.
- The quote creator will be notified that the quote was approved. They can then share the quote with contacts.