Sales managers may want to review the terms or the discount rate of a quote before it's sent to a prospect. Automate your quote approval process to quickly send requested changes to your sales reps before approving the quote for your contacts.
Require approvals on quotes
Enable the quotes approval setting to require a user's approval before sharing the quote with your prospects. Enabling this setting adds three active, quote-based workflows to your account:
- When quotes require approval
- When changes are requested on a quote
- When quotes are approved
These three workflows will create tasks and update property values when a quote’s Quote approval status property is updated. All tasks and property value updates related to a quote's approval will happen automatically via these workflows.
You can further customize each of these quotes-based workflows and add actions, such as updating deal stages when a quote is signed.
To add the quote-approval workflows to your account:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
Request changes or approve a quote
You can request changes or approve quotes directly from the quote.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Quotes.
- Any quote that is still pending approval will be listed with a status of Pending approval. Hover over the quote and click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Copy approval link.
- In a separate browser tab, paste the approval link URL into the search bar.
- If there are no edits required, click Approve and publish in the top right.
- To request changes on the quote, click Request changes.
- In the dialog box, enter comments in the Notes field then click Request changes.
- A task will be created for the quote creator to review and action. The quote creator must navigate back to the quote, then go through the quote set-up flow once more to send the edited quote to the approver.
- When the edits are made and the quote is ready to be published, navigate back to the quote approval link URL. In the top right, click Approve and publish.
- The quote creator will be notified that the quote was approved. They can then share the quote with contacts.