If your team is only available during set business hours, you can create a chatflow with a bot that routes visitors to available team members during business hours and then chat with the bot outside of business hours.
Users with an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise seat can use if/then branches to send visitors down a certain bot path based on which team member is available to chat.
Please note: the Availability setting only applies to chatflows with bots.
First, set your chat channel availability settings to During business hours:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Inbox.
- In the lower left, click Inbox Settings, then select Channels.
- Hover over the connected chat channel and click Edit.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Availability.
- Select During business hours, then customize your business hour preferences.
Next, set your bot to display outside of business hours:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Chatflows.
- Hover over the bot and click Edit.
- In the left sidebar, click the Options tab.
- Click the Availability dropdown menu and select Show always.
- Click Save.
With this set up, the chat widget will always appear on your site. Set up an if/then branch so that if a team member is available, the bot skips to the Send to team member action:
- Select a bot action. You can choose any action. For example, choose the action after the welcome message to immediately route visitors to your team. Or, ask a few questions to gather identifying information first, such as the visitor's name or email address.
- In the right panel, click the If/then branches tab.
- Click Add if/then branch.
- Click the first dropdown menu and select agent availability.
- Click the next dropdown menu and decide who to route visitors to based on availability:
- Specific users and teams: send the visitor down a specific path based on the availability of a specific users or teams. Click the Add a user or team dropdown menu and select the checkboxes next to the users or teams to include.
- Contact owner: send the visitor down a specific path based on their contact owner's availability. Click the New visitor fallback dropdown menu and select a fallback option for any new or unassigned visitors who start a conversation.
With this set up, the conversation will be routed to one of the selected, available team members during business hours. Outside of business hours, visitors can chat with the bot, then when they reach the end of the flow the conversation will be left in the Unassigned view in the inbox for the team to triage the next morning.
Please note: keep in mind that if you have multiple chatflows set up in your account, chatflow prioritization does not check team availability when deciding which chatflow to display.
Read more about best practices for customizing your bot's availability.