To protect your sending reputation so you can continue to reach your valid recipients, HubSpot will automatically not send your emails to ineligible contacts. These contacts will appear with a status of Not Sent on the post-send performance screen for your email.
Contacts will appear as Not Sent if they have:
- Unsubscribed from your marketing emails
- Marked one of your emails as "spam"
- Permanently hard bounced on an email sent from our system. Learn more about bounces here.
Note: This includes contacts who have hard bounced in any HubSpot account due to permanent reasons (e.g. invalid recipient, mailbox full, etc.). This does not include contacts who bounced in other accounts due to spam content.
You can view and export more details for contacts within the Not Sent tab of a sent email. To do so:
- Navigate to Content > Email.
- Click Sent in the left sidebar menu, then click on the email.
- Go to the Recipients tab and select Not Sent
- Click on the Show details link for further details for a particular contact or click Export to view the details in bulk.
If you have examples of ineligible contacts that you have actively been in contact with through another email system, please contact HubSpot Support by clicking the Help button in your account. We are happy to look into why a particular email address rejected a previous send.