To protect your sending reputation so you can continue to reach your valid recipients, HubSpot will automatically not send your emails to ineligible contacts. These contacts will appear with a status of Not Sent on the post-send performance screen for your email.
Contacts will appear as Not Sent if they have:
- Unsubscribed from your marketing emails
- Marked one of your emails as "spam"
- Permanently hard bounced on an email sent from our system. Learn more about bounces here.
Please note: this includes contacts who have hard bounced in any HubSpot account due to permanent reasons (e.g. invalid recipient, mailbox full, etc.). This does not include contacts who bounced in other accounts due to spam content. Learn more about this here.
- Been excluded from your send due to low engagement.
You can view and export more details for contacts within the Not Sent tab of a sent email. To do so:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Email.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Sent and select the email.
- Click the Recipients tab and select Not Sent
- Click Show details for further details for a particular contact or click Export to view the details in bulk.
If you have examples of ineligible contacts that you have actively been in contact with through another email system, please contact HubSpot Support. The team will be able to look into why a particular email address rejected a previous send.