When you disable cookie tracking for your form, each form submission from the same browser will create a new contact. This is done by not including the browsing cookie with the submission data. This can be useful if you're submitting the form on someone else's behalf, or if you're at a trade show and multiple people are submitting the form in the same browser.
Please note: only disable cookie tracking if you have a valid use case for it. As a result of disabled cookies, HubSpot will not be able to track pageviews for these contacts, their referral source to your site, or recognize returning visitors to prefill form fields or use queued questions for progressive profiling.
Please reference this article for proper scenarios in which to enable this setting.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- Click on the form you would like to disable cookie tracking for.
- Click the Options tab at the top.
- Toggle the Cookie tracking switch off.
- Click Save in the upper right-hand corner to save your change, and then click Publish so the change is applied to your live form.