When you disable cookie tracking for your form, each form submission from the same browser will create a new contact. This is done by not including the browsing cookie with the submission data. This can be useful if you're submitting the form on someone else's behalf, or if you're at a trade show and multiple people are submitting the form in the same browser.
Please note: only disable cookie tracking if you have a valid use case for it. When you disable cookies, HubSpot will not be able to track page views, identify referral sources, or recognize returning visitors to pre-populate form fields or use queued questions for progressive profiling. Please check out this article for more information.
- Navigate to your forms:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- In your HubSpot CRM or Marketing Hub Starter account, navigate to Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of the form.
- Click the Options tab at the top.
- Toggle the Cookie tracking switch off.
- Click Save in the upper right-hand corner to save your change, and then click Publish so the change is applied to your live form.