You can determine whether or not forms pre-populate with known information when a contact returns to your site. Turning this functionality on saves returning contacts time when filling out your form, which may encourage more submissions.
- Navigate to your forms:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- In your HubSpot CRM or Marketing Hub Starter account, navigate to Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the form name.
- Click the Options tab at the top of the page.
- Toggle the Pre-populate fields with known values switch on or off:
- On: if you have previously captured a contact's information for a certain field, the field will be pre-loaded with the visitor's information the next time they view a form with that field on it.
- Off: the form fields will always be empty.