Use a workflow to enroll and update companies or any of their associated records.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In the upper right, click Create workflow.
- In the left pane, select Company-based as your workflow type.
- Click the pencil icon edit to give your workflow a name, then click Create workflow.
- In the workflow editor, click Set enrollment triggers.
- In the right pane, select a filter type to use property values from a company or any associated records as criteria for enrollment. When you're done, click Save.
- Click the plus icon + to add a workflow action. In a company-based workflow, you can do the following:
- Add a delay between workflow actions.
- Add an if/then branch.
- Set a property value for the enrolled company record, or any of its associated records.
- Copy a property value for the enrolled company record, or any of its associated records.
- Clear a property value for the enrolled company record, or any of its associated records.
- Create a task.
- Send an internal email notification.
- Send an in-app notification.
- Send a marketing email (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only).
Please note: marketing emails sent through a workflow must be published for automation.
- Select your action, then click Save.
- Click the plus icon + to add more workflow actions as needed.
- When you're done, click the Settings tab.
- Click Set unenrollment triggers if you want companies to be unenrolled from the workflow when they meet certain criteria.
- In the right pane, select a company or associated record property to use for your unenrollment trigger(s).
- Click Apply filter, then click Save.
- When you're done setting up your workflow, click Review. Review the workflow settings, then click Turn on.
Please note: when a company-based workflow is turned off, all records enrolled in the workflow will be unenrolled. This includes any companies that are in a delay when the workflow is turned off.