An overview of Meetings
Meetings allows you to create a personalized page where your prospects and customers can see your availability and book a meeting - all without the usual email back and forth. Here's how it works...
To get started with Meetings, you first need to integrate your Google or Office 365 calendar and select some default availability. Your availability represent the times of the day you are willing to be booked. Anything on your calendar marked as Busy, automatically won't be bookable.
Get this process started by navigating to Sales > Sales Tools > Meetings.
- First, you'll be asked to connect your calendar. The calendar integration allows us to prevent your form being double booked. Also, any accepted Meetings will appear directly on your calendar.
- Next, you'll be walked through setting up default availability. Once this is complete, you'll be ready to start sharing your Meetings link.
Sharing & Booking Meetings
Now that you have your availability configured, you're ready to start booking Meetings. This can be done by sharing your Meetings link or embedding a Meetings widget on your site.
Navigate to your Meetings dashboard: Sales Tools > Meetings. From here, you can share a link to one of the default meeting links, or create your own. To share a Meetings link, hover over the Meeting you would like to share, and select Copy link. Some common places people put these links include:
- Your email signature
- Sales email Templates
- Marketing emails
- Behind a CTA on your website
When a user clicks on your Meetings link, they will be taken to page that displays all of your available meeting times. The recipient will be able to choose a time that works best.
Alternatively, you can embed a Meeting widget directly on your website to allow your website visitors to book time with you. Navigate to Sales Tools > Meetings. Hover over a Meeting widget you'd like to embed and select Embed. Choose a style for your widget and then copy the code to add to your website's HTML.
After your prospect selects a time either using your Meetings link or the embedded Meeting widget on your site, the Meeting will be added to your calendar, and you will receive an email notification.
The Complete Guide
If you would like to read a more in-depth guide about Meetings, our Meetings User Guide covers:
- Integrating your calendar to use in the Meetings tool
- Configuring your Meetings settings
- Receiving a booking with Meetings
An overview of TemplatesHubSpot Sales lets you build a shared library of templates across your entire team. These template can be accessed directly in your inbox. You can even include a dynamic Meetings link in the templates. Here's how it works...
Create a Template
To create a sales email template:
- Within Sales, navigate to Sales Tools > Templates
- From the Templates dashboard, select Create template > From scratch to create a new template. Alternatively, select Create template > From template library and choose a premade template.
When creating the template, you are able to add in dynamic personalization tokens for any contact or company properties from your CRM. You can also directly add a Meetings link. There are two types:
- Sender meetings link: This will populate with the meetings link of whoever is sending the template
- Owner meetings link: This will populate with the meetings link of whoever is the owner of the recipient
We recommend that you create the template with our editor, rather than copy/pasting, in order to avoid formatting issues. If you do copy/paste, ensure that you are pasting plain-text, and perform any nessisary formatting in the Template editor.
Once you are happy with the template, select a folder to save it in, and decide whether or not you'd like to share the template with your team. Finally click Save Template.
Send a Template
Templates can be sent from a contact record in the CRM or directly within your inbox. We'll cover both here.
To send a template from a contact record in the CRM:
- Navigate to Sales > Contacts.
- Select the contact to whom you'd like to send the template.
- On the contact record, click the Email tab.
- Click on the Templates dropdown
- Select the name of the template you would like to send.
- Customize the content as you see fit and click Send email.
- The email will be tracked automatically and the information will be fed back into your Template reports.
To send a template from Gmail:
- Ensure that you have the HubSpot Sales extension installed and enabled.
- Open Gmail, compose a new email and add your recipient
- At the top of the email compose window, select Templates
- A modal box will appear which will allow you to select a template
- Customize the email as you see fit and click Send
- If you would like to track this email, ensure that the track email checkbox is selected.
To send a template from Outlook:
- Compose a new email within Outlook and add a recipient.
- Within the HubSpot Sales section of the Message toolbar, click Templates.
- Choose one of your Recent Templates or select All Templates to browse through all of your templates. Once you've selected your template, click Insert.
- Customize your template if needed, then click Send.
At the top of the Templates dashboard, you will find some metrics related to sending templates. This is a quick overview of Open Rate, Click Rate, Total sends and a breakdown of the users in your portal with the best results.
You can filter this overview by user or by timeframe. If you'd like to dive in and see more reporting on specific templates and users, select View all reporting.
An overview of Sequences
Sequences allows you to tee up a series of personalized emails that get sent to your prospect over time. This will bring together the Meetings link and Templates created in previous sections of this guide. Here's how it works...
Create a Sequence
To create a Sequence
- Within Sales, navigate to Sales Tools > Sequences.
- From the Sequences dashboard, select Create Sequence.
When creating a Sequence, you have the option to add email Templates, as well as task reminders. There is a limit of 5 emails per Sequences, although you can add as many tasks as you would like.
Add steps to your Sequence:
- Within the left sidebar of the Sequence creation page, select the tab Templates
- Click and drag a template into the Sequence
- If you would like, you can also click and drag Task reminders between the email templates.
- Once you are satisfied with the Sequence, give it a name at the top of the page
- Finally, select Save
Once a template has been added you can customize the email content, and select the delay between each send. If a contact replies to any of the emails, the Sequence will end automatically (Out of Office replies are ignored).
If you would like each subsequent email in your Sequence to be sent as a reply to the first message, select the checkbox Enable threading, adjacent to the Save button
Enroll a contact in a Sequence
You can enroll contacts in a Sequence from their contact record, and also directly within Gmail. We'll cover both here.
Enroll a contact in a Sequence from the CRM
- Within the CRM, navigate to Contacts
- Select the contact you would like to enroll to open their contact record
- From the contact record, select the Email tab
- Within the Email tab, select the Sequences dropdown
- Select your Sequence by name, in order to enroll the contact
Enroll a contact in a Sequence from Gmail
- Ensure that you have the HubSpot Sales extension installed and enabled
- Within Gmail, compose a new email
- Add the recipient that you would like to enroll in the Sequence
- Select Sequences in the top of the compose window
- This will open a modal box, where you can select your Sequence by name
- After selecting the Sequence, you can select an Initial Touch. This allows you to kick off the Sequence starting at whichever step you would like, in case the first email isn't the right choice.
- Finally, select Enroll and send step #
Enroll a contact in a Sequence from Outlook
- Compose an email and add a recipient in the To field.
- Within the HubSpot Sales section of the Message toolbar, click Sequences.
- Choose one of your Recent Sequences or select All Sequences to browse through all of your sequences.
- Click Select.
- The body of your email will populate with the first email in the Sequence. Send the email to enroll the contact in the sequence.