After you and your organization decide how you want to define and use your Lead Status property, you can use the workflows tool to automatically update this property for your contacts.
Let's say you want to set up a workflow that will set the Lead Status of contacts who have been contacted, but have not opened a sales email as Attempted to Contact.
- Navigate to Workflows:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In your Sales Hub Professional account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In the workflows dashboard, click Create workflow at the upper right.
- Enter a name for your workflow (e.g. Lead Status - Attempted to Contact). Then, select Start from scratch as the workflow type. When you're done, click Create workflow in the upper right.
- Set up your enrollment triggers. Here, you can use and/or logic to specify which contacts you'd like to enroll to have the Lead Status of Attempted to Contact.
- When you're done setting up your enrollment triggers, click Save at the bottom.
- Next, click the plus (+) icon to add an action.
- Select Set contact property value.
- In the Contact property dropdown, select Lead status. In the New property value dropdown, select Attempted to Contact.
- Click Save at the bottom.
- When you activate your workflow by clicking Review then Activate in the upper right-hand corner, you will have the option to enroll all existing contacts who currently meet the workflow criteria.
- You can then recreate this workflow for your other Lead Status values and set up enrollment triggers based on your organization's needs that will enroll the proper contacts into each workflow.
- If you're a Marketing Professional or Enterprise user, you can use workflow settings to set up suppression lists to ensure that contacts who have a more qualified lead status don't get enrolled in workflows that will set their lead status to a less qualified value.