After you and your organization decide how you want to define and use your Lead Status property, you can use the Workflows tool to automatically update this property for your contacts.
Let's say you want to set up a workflow that will set the Lead Status of contacts who have been contacted, but have not opened a Sales email as "Attempted to Contact."
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click New Workflow.
- Name your workflow and select a type (Standard). For example, you can name your workflow Lead Status - Attempted to Contact.
- Click Create Workflow.
- Once in the workflow editor, set up your enrollment criteria. Here, you can use and / or logic to specify which contacts you'd like to enroll to have the Lead Status of Attempted to Contact.
- Click Save.
- Next, click the + button to add an action.
- Select Set a contact property.
- In the Contact property dropdown, select Lead Status and for the New property value select Attempted to Contact.
- Click Save.
- When you activate your workflow by clicking the On/Off switch in the upper right-hand corner, you will have the option to enroll any existing contacts who currently meet the workflow criteria.
- You can then recreate this workflow for your other Lead Status values and set up enrollment criteria based on your organization's needs that will enroll the proper contacts into each workflow.
- If necessary, you can also use workflow settings to set up suppression lists to make sure that contacts who have a more qualified lead status don't get enrolled in a workflow to set their lead status to a less qualified value.