Work with your company records
Last updated: June 11, 2021
|All products and plans|
You create a company record in HubSpot for any organization you interact with. The company record will be where your team records and retrieves information on the organization.
View a company record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- In your companies index page, locate the company you want to work with and click their name. This will bring you to their record.
About and actions
The left panel shows the contact record's properties and actions you can perform with the record. Learn how you can customize the left sidebar as an admin.
At the top, view and edit the primary properties for the record. You can click the company picture to update the company's image and the edit pencil icon to edit their name. In this section, click the duplicate copy icon to the right of the company's domain or phone number to copy it to your clipboard.
- At the top right of the left panel, click the Actions dropdown menu:
- Follow: click to follow the record. By default, you follow all records you own. By following a record, you will receive notifications on updates to the record.
- View all properties: click to view all properties of the record.
- View property history: click to view the history of the property values of the record.
- Search in Google: click to search the company's name on Google.
- Restore activity: click to view and restore associated engagements that were deleted in the last 90 days.
- Merge: click to merge the company record with another.
- Delete: click to delete the company record. Learn more about deleting companies.
- Below the primary properties, interact with the record by clicking the respective icons.
- View and edit the company's property values in the About this company section. Learn how to edit the properties that appear in this section for you. Admins can customize the section for the users in the HubSpot account.
- To edit a property value, hover over the property and click the edit pencil icon.
- To view a specific property's history, hover over the property and click Details or scroll down and click View property history to see the history of all property changes.
- To view all properties, click View all properties.
Activities on your company timeline
The middle panel shows activities relating to the company chronologically, with the latest activity at the top. You can filter activities in the following ways:
At the top of the record, click Expand all or Collapse all to expand or collapse the details of all timeline activities.
To quickly filter activities by type, click the tabs at the top.
To filter more specific activities, click the Filter activity dropdown menu .
To filter activities that are owned by a specific user or team, click the All users or All teams dropdown menus and select a user or team .
To search for a specific activity, click the search icon search in the upper right. Based on the terms you enter, the tool retrieves activities by searching the following fields in the timeline activities:
To collapse the details of a specific activity, click the down down arrow in the top left of the activity. Click the right right arrow in the top left of the activity to expand the details and edit.
- Hover over an activity, click Actions, and select an option to pin the activity to the top of the timeline, view the activity’s history, or delete the activity.
At the bottom of an activity, click Add comment to leave a comment or use the [x] associations dropdown menu to edit the activity's association with other records.
Associated records and other tools
In the right panel, view the other records and tools associated with the record. You can rearrange the sections by dragging them.
Record associations are displayed under the respective record type sections (i.e., Contacts, Deals, Tickets). Learn about associations.
To associate your company record with another record:
- In the relevant record type section, click Add.
- You can either create a new record to associate to the company, or associate an existing record to the company.
- To create a new record to associate the company with, in the Create a new [record] tab, enter information into the fields, and click Create.
- To associate an existing record, click the Add existing [record] tab, search for the record, and select the checkbox next to the record in the search results. Click Save.
If you are working with a conglomerate, you can associate the company record with their parent or child companies. Once set up, you and other users can view the related companies in the company record.
Playbooks (Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional and Enterprise only)
Click a playbook to display certain prescribed questions or steps when communicating with the company.
You can attach files to the company record. You can also view attachments that were sent as part of a logged email to a contact who is associated to the company record.
Salesforce sync (Professional and Enterprise only)
The Salesforce Sync section shows if the company record is syncing with Salesforce through the HubSpot-Salesforce integration. If the company isn't syncing with Salesforce or if you want to ensure the company remains synced to the Salesforce record, click Sync now.
You can view on a high level if the company record is a target account, the number of contacts associated to the company and information on their buyer roles, and the last engagement and last touch with the company record based on its default company properties.
If you have a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise seat, click View account details to see the following in the right panel:
- Activities associated to the company
- Contacts associated to the company
- Internal stakeholders, which are any HubSpot users who have created or been a part of activities associated to the company
- Deals associated to the company
- Tracked page views on your site from the contacts associated to the company
Set up your import files
Whether HubSpot is your first CRM or you’re moving from another system, importing helps you create records...Knowledge Base
Deduplicate records in HubSpot
HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts using email addresses, and companies using domain names. Object...Knowledge Base
Import one object
You can import files to create and update HubSpot records in bulk. This article explains how to import a...Knowledge Base