Work with your company records
Last updated: October 13, 2020
|All products and plans|
You create a company record in HubSpot for any organizations you interact with. The company record will be where your team records and retrieves information on the organization. Examples include companies you are offering your services to or potential organization customers.
View a company record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- In your companies home, locate the company you want to work with and click their name. This will bring you to their record.
About and actions
The left panel shows the contact record's properties and actions you can perform with the record. Learn how you can customize the left sidebar as an admin.
- At the top, view and edit the primary properties for the record. You can click the company picture to update the company's image and the edit pencil icon to edit their name.
- At the top right of the left panel, click the Actions dropdown menu:
- Follow: click to follow the record. By default, you follow all records you own. By following a record, you will receive notifications on updates to the record.
- View all properties: click to view all properties of the record.
- View property history: click to view the history of the property values of the record.
- Search in Google: click to search the company's name on Google.
- Merge: click to merge the company record with another.
- Delete: click to delete the company record. Learn more about deleting companies.
- Below the primary properties, interact with the record by clicking the respective icons.
- View and edit the company's property values in the About this company section. Learn how to edit the properties that appear in this section for you. Admins can customize the section for the users in the HubSpot account.
- To edit a property value, hover over the property and click the edit pencil icon.
- To view a specific property's history, hover over the property and click Details or scroll down and click View property history to see the history of all property changes.
- To view all properties, click View all properties.
Activities on your company timeline
The middle panel shows activities relating to the company chronologically, with the latest activity at the top.
If you want more space to view the record's timeline, you can collapse the right panel by clicking the last icon at the top of the panel, and expand the panel again by clicking the first icon.
You can filter these activities in the following ways:
- To quickly filter activities, click the tabs at the top.
- To filter more specific activities, click the Filter activity dropdown menu .
- To filter activities that are owned by a specific user or team, click the All users or All teams dropdown menus and select a user or team .
- To search for a specific activity, click the search icon search in the upper right. Based on the terms you enter, the tool retrieves activities by searching the following fields in the timeline activities:
- Task subject
- Task body
- Note body
- Call body
- Email subject
- Meeting body
- Take action on an individual activity on the timeline. Hover over the activity to edit the activity's association with other records, edit the activity's details, view more details, or delete the activity.
- Depending on the activity, you can take other actions, such as commenting, pinning a note and replying to an email thread.
Associated records and other tools
In the right panel, view the other records and tools associated with the record. You can rearrange the sections by dragging them.
Record associations are displayed under the respective record type sections (i.e., Contacts, Deals, Tickets). Learn about associations.
To associate your company record with another record:
- In the relevant record type section, click Add.
- You can either create a new record to associate to the company, or associate an existing record to the company.
- To create a new record to associate the company with, in the Create a new [record] tab, enter information into the fields, and click Create.
- To associate an existing record, click the Add existing [record] tab, search for the record, and select the checkbox next to the record in the search results. Click Save.
If you are working with a conglomerate, you can associate the company record with their parent or child companies. Once set up, you and other users can view the related companies in the company record.
Click a playbook to display certain prescribed questions or steps when communicating with the company.
You can attach files to the company record. You can also view attachments that were sent as part of a logged email to a contact who is associated to the company record.
The Salesforce Sync section shows if the company record is syncing with Salesforce through the HubSpot-Salesforce integration. If the company isn't syncing with Salesforce or if you want to ensure the company remains synced to the Salesforce record, click Sync now.
You can view on a high level if the company record is a target account, the number of contacts associated to the company and information on their buyer roles, and the last engagement and last touch with the company record based on its default company properties.
If you have a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise seat, click View account details to see the following in the right panel:
Set up your import files
Format your import data correctly on your computer to prevent any errors when importing objects to HubSpot....Knowledge Base
Import records or notes
Import files to create or update records in HubSpot. If you want to set up a two-way sync instead, learn more...Knowledge Base
Manage your properties
Properties are used to store data on certain objects in HubSpot, such as contacts, companies, deals, tickets,...Knowledge Base