Work with your ticket records
Last updated: April 12, 2021
|All products and plans|
With tickets, you can organize all of your customer inquiries in one place and track any interactions or information about that issue over time. Learn the different ways of creating tickets.
Once a ticket is created, you can access the ticket record to record or retrieve information. This allows you and your team to stay on the same page with a customer inquiry.
View a ticket record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- In your tickets index page, locate the ticket you want to work with and click its name. This will bring you to its record.
The following sections cover the left panel, middle panel, and right panel.
About and actions
The left panel shows the ticket record's properties and the actions you can perform. Learn how to edit the properties that appear in this section for you. Admins can customize the left sidebar for all users and teams.
- At the top, view and edit the primary properties for the record. You can click the edit pencil icon to edit their name, click the Status dropdown menu to select a new status, and click the Pipeline dropdown menu to update the ticket pipeline.
- At the top right of the left panel, click the Actions dropdown menu:
- Follow: click to follow the record. By default, you follow all records you own. By following a record, you will receive notifications on updates to the record.
- View all properties: click to view all properties of the record.
- View property history: click to view the history of the property values of the record.
- Restore activity: click to view and restore associated engagements that were deleted within the last 90 days.
- Merge: click to merge ticket records.
- Delete: click to delete the contact record. Learn more about the data lost during a deletion.
- Interact with the record by clicking the respective icons:
- description Note: click to add a note.
- email Email: click to write a one-to-one email to an associated contact.
- calling Call: click to call an associated contact.
- add Log: click to manually log an activity.
- tasks Task: click to create a task for the record.
- meetings Meet: click to set up a meeting with the deal's associated contacts.
- View and edit the deal's property values in the About this deal section. Learn how to edit the properties that appear in this section for your user.
- To edit a property value, hover over the property and click the edit pencil icon.
- To view a specific property's history, hover over the property and click See history or scroll down and click View property history to see the history of all property changes.
- To view all properties, click View all properties.
Log and view activities on your ticket timeline
The middle panel shows activities relating to the ticket chronologically, with the latest activity at the top.
You can filter these activities in the following ways:
- To quickly filter activities, click the tabs at the top. Activities consist of all notes, emails, calls, and tasks.
- To filter more specific activities, click the Filter activity dropdown menu .
- To filter activities that are owned by a specific user or team, click the All users or All teams dropdown menus and select a user or team .
- To search for a specific activity, click the search search icon in the upper right. Based on the terms you enter, the tool retrieves activities by searching the following fields in the timeline activities:
- Task subject
- Task body
- Note body
- Call body
- Email subject
- Meeting body
- Act on an individual activity on the timeline. Hover over the activity and edit the activity's association with other records, edit the activity's details, view more details, or delete the activity.
- Depending on the activity, you can take other actions, such as commenting, pinning a note and replying to an email thread.
Associated records and additional tools
In the right panel, view the other records and tools associated with the record. You can rearrange the sections by dragging them.
Record associations are displayed under the respective record type sections (i.e., Contacts, Companies, Deals). Learn about associations between different records.
To associate your ticket record with another record:
- In the relevant record type section, click Add.
- You can either create a new record to associate to the contact, or associate an existing record to the contact.
- To create a new record to associate the ticket to, in the Create a new [record] tab, enter information into the fields, and click Create.
- To associate an existing record, click the Add existing [record] tab, search for the record, and select the checkbox next to the record in the search results. Click Save.
If the ticket is associated to a thread in the conversations inbox, the conversation will appear in the right panel. To navigate directly to the conversation in the inbox, click the name of the conversation. The conversation will open in another browser tab where you can review the thread or follow up as needed. Learn more about working with tickets in your inbox.
You can attach files to the ticket record by clicking Upload file or Add file. You can also view attachments that were sent as part of a logged email to a contact who is associated to the deal record.
Playbooks (Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional and Enterprise only)
When communicating with the contact, you can click a playbook to display certain prescribed questions or steps to prepare yourself better.
Work with your ticket records on the HubSpot mobile app (Android only)
If you're using the HubSpot mobile app for Android, you can access your ticket records from your mobile device. To access a ticket record, in the bottom navigation menu, tap More then tap Tickets. You can also lookup the ticket record using the search feature.
From the ticket record, you can:
- edit the ticket's associated records.
- review the ticket's timeline activity.
- update the ticket's properties.
- log a call, meeting, note, or email.
- or comment on a note or logged activity.
You can create new tickets on your mobile device from the tickets index page or from a contact, company, deal, or custom object record.
Please note: you cannot send a one-to-one email from a ticket record on the Android mobile app. You must navigate to the ticket's associated contact, company, or deal record to send an email.
With tickets, you can organize all of your customer inquiries in one place and track trends over time. You...Knowledge Base
Set up your import files
Whether HubSpot is your first CRM or you’re moving from another system, importing helps you create records...Knowledge Base
Deduplicate records in HubSpot
HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts using email addresses, and companies using domain names. Object...Knowledge Base