You can create your own custom email notifications using the workflows tool in your HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise account.
If you are a Service Hub Professional or Sales Hub Professional user only, you can use workflows to send internal, in-app notifications or mobile push alerts in place of an email.
Please note: only Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can send emails via the workflows tool.
Send internal notification emails
First, create the email you will use to notify your internal contacts:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Click Create new email.
- Add content and personalize your email using personalization tokens. For example, if you want the email to address the message to the contact's owner and include certain information from the contact's record, you can use personalization tokens to display contacts' information when the notification is sent.
- Under the Recipients tab, select Save for automation.
- Click Next until you are presented with the option to click Save for automation.
Now create the workflow to send your email to internal recipients:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow.
- Name your workflow and select Start from scratch for the type. Click Create workflow.
- Set your enrollment criteria. For example, you can select Form submission. Then select Contact has filled out a form, and select the form name that you want to send notifications for from the dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu below on, you can select any page or choose a specific page, and then click Done.
- Click the + button to add an action.
- Choose Send internal email and select the email you created from the dropdown menu. Please note that only marketing emails saved for automation can be selected.
- Click Enter one or more email addresses and enter an email address(es) into the field, or click Use a contact property that stores an email address (the latter is useful, for example, if you'd like the notification to be sent to each contact's contact owner) and select an email property from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Add any additional workflow actions, then click Review in the top right corner. Review your workflow, then click Activate to turn the workflow on.
Your custom notification email will now send to your internal recipient(s) when a contact submits your form. If you'd like this notification to be sent each time a contact fills out this form, you can turn on reenrollment in your workflow settings.
Send in-app notifications or mobile push alerts
If you are a Sales Hub Professional user or Service Hub Professional user with no Marketing Hub access, you can send an internal notification to a team member's notification center or a mobile push alert to their device in place of an email using the Send notification action. Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can send in-app or mobile notifications in addition to email notifications.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of an existing workflow to add an action or click Create workflow.
- Click Set enrollment triggers and select your enrollment criteria.
- Click the + button to add an action.
- Select Send notification from the Select an action pane.
- Click the Send notification to dropdown menu and specify the users and teams you want the notification sent to.
- Select the In-app alert radio button to send an alert to the notification center, or the Mobile push radio button to send an alert to the user's mobile device.
- Enter the message details, then click Save.
- Add any additional workflow actions, then click Review in the top right corner. Review your workflow, then click Turn on.