Follow the steps below to create your own custom notifications using the Workflows tool. This tutorial shows you how to create a notification for form submissions, but the method can be used to notify internal recipients of other contact actions using different workflow enrollment criteria.
Please note: the Workflows tool is available in all Professional and Enterprise HubSpot accounts. Standard form notifications are available to all customers.
First, create the email that you will use to notify your internal contacts about a form submission.
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Email.
- Click Create new email.
- Add content and personalize your email using personalization tokens. For example, if you want the email to address the message to the contact's owner and include certain information from the contact's record, you can use personalization tokens to display contacts' information when the notification is sent.
- Under the Recipients tab, select Save for automation.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Next until you are presented with the option to Save for automation.
Now create the workflow to send your email to internal recipients when a form is filled out:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Contacts > Workflows
- Click New workflow.
- Name your workflow and select Standard for the type. Click Create workflow.
- For your enrollment criteria, select Form submissions > the name of the form that you want to send notifications for > On any page (or choose a specific page if you want to get more specific), and then click Done.
- Click the + button to add an action.
- Choose Send internal email and select the email you created from the dropdown.
- Click Enter one or more email addresses and enter an email address(es) into the field or click Use an email property (the latter is useful, for example, if you'd like the notification to be sent to each contact's HubSpot Owner) and select an email property from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
- Once you've finished setting up any additional workflow actions, click the toggle switch at the top-right to activate the workflow.