You can set up Salesforce Tasks in HubSpot by adding an action to a new or existing workflow. This functionality is a useful way to align your sales reps with what is going on with your HubSpot contacts. For example, you could assign a task to a sales rep when their lead fills out a new form or when the lead's HubSpot Score goes over a certain number. Follow the steps below to create Salesforce tasks from HubSpot.
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In your HubSpot Sales Hub Professional account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click New workflow (or open an existing workflow to add a step)
- Choose a starting condition for your workflow
- Click the + button to add an action.
- In the pane on the right-hand side, select Set a Salesforce Task.
Set the details of your task, as needed:
- Under Assign to, choose whether you'd like to assign the task to the owner of the contact or the integration user, the admin who set up the integration.
- Select a Status of the task: Not started, In progress, Completed, Waiting on someone else, Deferred.
- Set a Priority: High, Normal, Low.
- Under Due Date, use the arrows in the field or type a number to indicate when the due date should be set after the task is created.
- Enter a Subject Line. This will be the name of the task on the record in Salesforce.
- Use the description field to enter additional context for your sales reps.
- When you've added any necessary details for your task, click Save.
- Add more actions and make changes to your workflow's settings as needed, then click Review at the top-right. Review your workflow settings, then click Activate.