Sales reps often spend much of their day doing CRM administration, such as creating contacts and companies, logging tasks to follow up on, and creating opportunities. You can use workflows to automate the process of creating a new task in HubSpot.
This can be helpful when you want to:
- create a task when you import a new list of contacts.
- create a task for a rep to follow up with a contact or lead who views your pricing page, clicks a certain CTA, or views a webinar (Marketing Professional and Enterprise only).
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows and click New workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- In HubSpot Sales, navigate to Sales tools > Workflows and click New workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- Name your workflow, select Standard as the workflow type, and click Create a new workflow.
- Set your enrollment triggers and click Save.
- Click the plus icon below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- In the menu that appears, select Create a task from Productivity actions.
- Set the details of the task's title, due date, email reminder date, notes, type, and owner. You also can insert contact personalization tokens in the task's title and notes. If creating a deal, you can set the name, owner, pipeline, deal stage, close date, and amount.
- Click Save.
- Add any other actions or delays as necessary.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the Workflow is ON/OFF switch in the upper-righthand corner.
- In the pop-up that appears, review your workflow settings, then click Turn workflow on to activate your workflow.