Sales reps often spend much of their day doing CRM administration, such as creating contacts and companies, logging tasks to follow up on, and creating opportunities. While Sales Professional users can automate tasks on deal stages, you can also use workflows to automate the process of creating a new task in HubSpot.
This can be helpful when you want to:
- create a task when you import a new list of contacts.
- create a task for a rep to follow up with a contact or lead who views your pricing page, clicks a certain CTA, or views a webinar (Marketing Professional and Enterprise only).
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows and click Create workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- In HubSpot Sales Professional, navigate to Sales tools > Workflows and click Create workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- Name your workflow, select Start from scratch as the workflow type, and click Create workflow.
- Set your enrollment triggers and click Save.
- Click the plus icon below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- In the menu that appears, select Create a task from Productivity actions.
- Set the details of the task's title, due date, email reminder date, notes, and type. You can assign the deal to the contact's existing HubSpot owner or a specific HubSpot owner. You can also use the Contact's existing dropdown to assign the deal to a custom owner property instead. Insert contact personalization tokens to customize the task's title and notes.
- Click Save.
- Add any other actions or delays as necessary.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the Workflow is ON/OFF switch in the upper-righthand corner.
- In the pop-up that appears, review your workflow settings, then click Turn workflow on to activate your workflow.