HubSpot's lead scoring tool helps you determine more qualified from less qualified contacts using demographic and behavioral information. In order to develop an effective lead score you have to:
- Identify the attributes that make a contact more likely to become a customer
- Determine point values (how much a property is worth VS a page view, etc.)
If you'd like to copy a contact's HubSpot Score to another property, you can do so using the workflows tool.
You'll need to first create a new custom company property if you haven't already so that you may select the new company property to copy the HubSpot Score value into in the steps outlined below. To create a new company property, go to: Contacts > Contacts Settings > click the Company properties tab > click the button at the top to Create a property.
Please note: Your custom company property should be a Number type property. Also, you may find an existing HubSpot Score company property in your account. Please do not use this property; instead, use your custom company property.
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click the name of your existing workflow or click New workflow and set up your new workflow.
- Click the plus icon to add a new action where you'd like this step to occur in your workflow.
- Select Copy a contact property value.
- In the Source contact property dropdown, select HubSpot Score.
- In the Target property type dropdown, select Company property.
- In the Target property dropdown, select your newly created custom company property.
- Click Save.
- Add any additional actions as needed, then click the switch at the top of your workflow to turn it on.