While you can use the standard form notifications, you can also create your own custom notifications using the workflows tool in your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account.
This tutorial shows you how to create a notification for form submissions, but the method can be used to notify internal recipients of other contact actions using different workflow enrollment triggers.
Please note: only Marketing Professional and Enterprise users can send emails via the workflows tool.
First, create the email you will use to notify your internal contacts about a form submission.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Email.
- Click Create new email.
- Add content and personalize your email using personalization tokens. For example, if you want the email to address the message to the contact's owner and include certain information from the contact's record, you can use personalization tokens to display contacts' information when the notification is sent.
- Under the Recipients tab, select Save for automation.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Next until you are presented with the option to Save for automation.
Now create the workflow to send your email to internal recipients:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow.
- Name your workflow and select Start from scratch for the type. Click Create workflow.
- For your enrollment triggers, select Form submission. Then select Contact has filled out a form, and select the form name that you want to send notifications for from the dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu below on, you can select any page or choose a specific page, and then click Done. As noted, you can use this method to send internal notifications when contacts meet any enrollment triggers. Learn more about setting your enrollment triggers here.
- Click the + button to add an action.
- Choose Send internal email and select the email you created from the dropdown menu. Please note that only marketing emails saved for automation can be selected.
- Click Enter one or more email addresses and enter an email address(es) into the field, or click Use a contact property that stores an email address (the latter is useful, for example, if you'd like the notification to be sent to each contact's HubSpot owner) and select an email property from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Once you've finished setting up any additional workflow actions, click the toggle switch in the top-right corner to activate the workflow.
Your custom form submission notification will now send to your internal recipient(s) when a contact submits your form. If you'd like this notification to be sent each time a contact fills out this form, you can turn on reenrollment in your workflow settings.